Monday, October 29, 2012

The Clutter Must Go project- Day 29

Hope you had an awesome weekend:) 

Church yesterday was an emotional day for me.  It was All Saints Sunday- where we remember our loved ones who have gone to Heaven before us.  It started out great and as the congregation called out the names f their loved ones, I could feel the tears coming.  It wasn't until we were given the opportunity to take the flowers up and put them in vases to make beautiful bouquets that I lost it- I couldn't hold it in any longer.  The closer I got to the front of the church the more tears streamed down my face.  The hole in my heart from my mother's passing is still there.  I ran out of church and to the bathroom to get my self under control.  Lynn, my dad's girlfriend, found me and we talked- it helped me so much.  I am so blessed that Lynn came into my dad's life as well as ours.  I was fine until they showed the slide show of all those in our church who have passed, the tears came again.  This time I had my husband to hold and comfort me.

After church, we went to my dad's house and Lynn made a huge, delicious lunch.  We had a feast of ham, biscuits, baked beans, applesauce, french fries and 2 different cakes for dessert.  It was great to spend the day and have lunch with my family.  Today was a reminder that tomorrow isn't promised- enjoy the time you have here on this earth.  Enjoy your family:)

Which brings me to this week's declutter challenge~ are you ready??  Surprise, there isn't one.  This week, my hubby is home and I am going to enjoy my family.  Wednesday is Halloween and my mother in law is coming over to spend the night and Thursday we are going to get manicures and pedicures (I have never had either, so this should be quite the experience).  I plan on getting some things done around here, like still going through the bags of clothes we need to sort through~ I finally got all the bags from dad's house here.  I hope to get most of the boxes of sell items sold:)  But most importantly, I am going to have fun and enjoy my family this week.

If you feel you must do something, go ahead and get your sell boxes ready for sale, sell the items in your sell boxes, donate or give away the items in your donate box and get all the trash out of your home.

I am going to pick up with our declutter challenge next Monday- 11/05/2012. 

Those in the path of Hurricane Sandy- please be careful.  We are still waiting to see which direction she decides to turn to see if we will see anything from her or not.  So far this morning, it is just raining:)

Have a blessed and safe week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment