Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Clutter Must Go project- Day 27 Results

How did you do with today's challenge? Did you get through all the boxes you wanted to go through? Have you thought about how and where you want to sell the stuff in the boxes?

I was able to go through a couple of more bags today. We found a good amount of nice winter clothes for little Michael. I wanted to keep going through more bags but had to stop after developing a nasty headache and got nauseous- not a fun feeling.

It was then, I realized why I was feeling the way I was feeling. Both my dad and his girlfriend are smokers. The bags we have gone through this week haven't bothered me at all. Today was a different story.

My mom used to giggle at me:) Both my husband and myself were smokers. After seeing what my dad has gone through with COPD ~ not being able to breathe, all the surgeries my dad has had and everything else my dad has gone through. I made the decision to quit smoking. I might be my father's daughter but I refuse to end up like my father as far as health goes. 5 years ago, my husband and I quit smoking. Unfortunately, I developed a sensitivity to smoke. I get a headache being outside standing next to my dad if he is smoking. I went from smoking to not being able to be around it.

All the clothes that we are keeping are being transferred straight from the bags to the hamper to the washing machine. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for sorting clothes. All the boys will be home tomorrow, so I will have extra hands:)

How did you do today with your challenge? I would love to hear all about how your challenges are going:) Come back tomorrow morning and see what we have planned to do tomorrow as part of our decluttering challenge continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment