Friday, October 5, 2012

The Clutter Must Go project~ Day 14

Today is Friday:)  Normally, I would declare today declutter make up day, but since I forgot to blog about our declutter project on Monday, we seem to be a day behind.

Yesterday, we left off decluttering wall #3 in the master bedroom.

Today's declutter challenge is to declutter along wall #4.  Remember to get rid of at least 1 thing each day:)  Pick up and touch everything and make a decision if it is something you need to keep or something you can giveaway to some to give it a new life.

The purpose of this decluttering journey is to get our homes organized and looking good.  To not be embarassed to have company over.  Not having to throw everything into a room just to have family over.  Plus, the less we have to clean and pick up, the more our sanity thanks us and the more time we have to spend with our family.

I don't know about you but I am excited with the way my house is looking.  In the past, I have started these decluttering journeys only to get discouraged and quit.  This time I am bound and determined to stick with it.  I am so tired of having to walk around stuff just to get other things.  I want everything in my home to have a place not all over the place.  I want to love everything in my home and want it to be functional with my life.  An item is useless if we keep it around hoping to one day use it and that day never comes.  I would rather bless someone else with the item I know they could put to good use instead of sitting around my house collecting dust and becoming one more thing I have to clean.

Now, I am not saying to get rid of everything in your home and work on bare basics.  I am saying to make sure you love everything in your home and that the things you do have have a function in your life other than sitting around not being used.

With that being said, grab your boxes and trash bag and lets get to work:)  Have fun with it:)

Come back this evening and see how we did with this challenge and to let me know how you did with your challenge today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment