Monday, May 7, 2012

What a week~

I posted last week how busy my week looked.  I had no clue the emotional week I was about to enter.

On Monday, I was informed that a high school classmate and friend had passed away.  My heart was so sad to hear the news.  I wasn't super close to Shannel but we were friends in high school.  I had seen Shannel a few months ago at the doctors office and she told me of her health issues.  Even through all the doctor visits, she still smiled that Shannel smile that could light up a room.  She had a laugh that could make your darkest day brighter and had a hug that could make you feel special and loved.  I will miss seeing Shannel at the doctors office, seeing her smile and hearing her laugh.  Even through her health battles, she still smiled and laughed.  I was unable to go to her service but have heard how beautiful it was.  Shannel was beautiful both inside and out.  She will be missed greatly.  Much like my mom, Shannel is waiting for us to arrive in Heaven when it is our turn to go home.  Until we meet again:)

On Wednesday, I picked up my father and drove him to the hospital for a test.  He is having his own health battles, unfortunately no one is able to pin point exactly what is going on inside of him.  My mother and I joked before how my father had a knack for baffling the medical community:)  His test went well and the doctor said everything looked fine.  The doctor told me that he took some samples from my dad's stomach and will send them off to the lab.  So, we eagerly wait for the results.

On Thursday, I was a chaperone for a 2nd grade field trip to Washington DC.  Boy oh boy, I had no clue how many 2nd graders were at the school.  We had to take 4 charter buses to Washington DC.  That was fun- LOL:)  We had a great time visiting the Memorials and then heading over to the zoo.  Will post pictures of out trip tomorrow.

On Friday, the day went well until that evening.  Nathan was hit suddenly by a nasty high temperature.  He was so sick and laid on the couch for all of Saturday.  Sunday morning, his fever was gone.  We were so thrilled.  We went to church and had lunch with my dad and all was well. 

On Saturday, my friend Pam and her fiance got married.  I was excited when she asked if I would be her photographer for the wedding.  Her wedding was absolutely beautiful.  It was an outside wedding and the area was breathtaking.  There was a cute bridge and a lake with a spray.  I got there early and took pictures of lake before the ceremony.  I got home and downloaded all the 80 pictures I took at her wedding and I must say- I did good.  The pictures turned out amazing.  I think I may have a knack for wedding photography.  Hmmm- wonder if the Lord will lead me in that direction.

Today~ Nathan, my poor poor Nathan, woke up this morning with a temperature of 103.5- oh my.  So off to the doctor's we went.  She took some blood and discovered that whatever he has is viral. So, it has to work his way out of him. Tylenol, Motrin, chicken & rice soup and popsicles are his best friends right now.
Poor sick Nathan curled up with ET:)


With all that going on, I didn't get a chance to post my CVS and Walgreens deals- sorry :(

I hope and pray that your week will go smoothly and that this week will be an easy one for us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment