Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Big Declutter Challenge #1 Update

By the time the little one finally got to sleep it was midnight.  I was so tired and went to bed.  I figured you all wouldn't be too upset with me for not updating the declutter challenge last night and instead going to bed~ right?

For the ones that did the first challenge~ did you have fun?

I can't say it was fun for me but now that I look at the area I did, I'm glad I did it.  It looks great.

The first room I wrote on my paper was the Living Room.  The first area I wrote down was the table behind the couch.  It seems to be a catch all for everything.  DVD's, books, clothes, legos, whatever get thrown up there.

Here is a before picture:
It might not look like much- but there is stuff under all that stuff.  I dove in and cleared it all out.  I put things away that needed to be put away.  I threw away anything that was broken or didn't know what it went to.  There are also a few things that will be donated and a few things that will be taken to the next consignment sale in September.

Here is the after picture:
Ahhhh- a nice clean table:)  Much better.
Here is our throw away, donate or sell pile:
The little head in the upper right corner does not go
Our get rid of, donate or sell pile consisted of 2 newspapers, various school papers, torn video game manual, 3 movies, a baby hat, a broken book, a pen top (not sure where the pen is), a Valentine's Day card, a torn Nerf dart, a broken laptop and a ferret tube.  Wow- that is 14 things that are going out of this house- YEA!!!!  Little Michael wanted to get in the picture- he was looking through the ferret tube.  Rest assured he is not going with the rest of the pile:)

How did you do with your first challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment