Wednesday, November 21, 2012

4 days to Catch Up Declutter Challenge~ Day 2 & 3 Results

I did promise you the events from that yesterday that prevented me from posting last night.  Hmmmm- where to start:)

We spent most of the morning on the phone with Lowes who was on the phone with the builders who cut our counter.  They made the sink hole wayyy to big and our sink will fall right through- nice huh?  Lowes has been great.  The builders not so much.  They decided that they didn't have a template to accommodate our sink hole, so they wanted us to create one.  Luckily, my hubby has an amazing art talent and was able to create a whole plan for the counter.  Lowes was so appreciative and reordered the countertop at their cost.

Hubby goes to Lowes and drops off the plans.  Everything was going great.  He pulled into the driveway, put the van in park, turns off the engine and gets out.  Next thing we know, the van is rolling down the driveway with no one in the driver seat- crazy.  Hubby jumps in the van and notices that the van is locked in neutral.  It will not come out of neutral.  Not good- with a family our size we didn't have another vehicle that could accommodate us if something should happen.  We called my dad and he had our other van finished all except an oil change, which can wait.  We just had to drive the hour down to his house to pick it up.  We eat dinner and start our journey down to my dad's house in my hubby's work vehicle- shhhhh don't tell the boss:)  Traffic was horrible, it took way too long to get to my dad's house.  It is dark and driving on 95 is already not my favorite thing.  I am terrified to drive at night- I don't like it.  I cannot see with other headlights coming at me.  But I had no choice but to suck it up and drive the van back home.  We got home later than I would have liked to but we got home safe with a working vehicle- yay:)  When it rains, it pours- LOL:)  And of course, my dad left for SC last night- if the van had of broke today, we would have been in trouble.

SO, that was our adventure yesterday.  I hope the last 2 days have been good ones for you.  I can safely say that there is never a dull moment at this house:)

How did you with yesterday and today's assignments?  Here is how we did:

Look over your list of weekly goals and pick what you would like to accomplish today. Or if you are like me instead of making a 2nd list of things to do, start crossing things out on your master list.
- Homeschool- Ongoing
- Get major laundry pile caught up- Did 4 loads in the past 2 days
- Pay bills - Done
- Read to Michael before nap and bedtime- Ongoing and going great
- Make breakfasts ahead of time and stick in freezer- pancakes, banana bread and baked oatmeal
- Work on Living Room- Got living room picked up, vacuumed, dusted
- Work on Kitchen- Scrubbed the stove until my arm felt like it was going to fall off- still more to do
- Work on bathrooms
- Baked carrot experiment
- Freeze shredded cheese
- Go through toy box
- Go through 1 bag a day of clothes
- Work on Christmas lists

Do a quick clean up of your Kitchen & bathroom- make sure everything is in its place, clean the sink, mirror, potty and shower, sweep and mop the floor- do what ever you have time to do- Got the stove cleaner than it was but still have more to clean.  Still have counters and kitchen table to scrub, floor to sweep and mop.  Didn't get to do the bathroom today.  We had to un-smoke our van- that took some time this afternoon.

Get rid or, donate. give away or sell at least 1 item today- if you have more, great:) - We have found some things to throw away- like the nasty candy blood and the vampire fangs that were way to big.  We also went through and threw out all school work out of Nathan's book bag.

How did you with the past 2 days of your catch up declutter challenge?  Comment below- I would love to hear all about your day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment