Monday, November 19, 2012

4 days to Catch Up Declutter Challenge~ Day 1 Results

I really hope you all had a better day than we did.  I had such big plans for today that will now have to get worked into tomorrow if we can.

I had a not so great weekend and was feeling kind of down but a quick text from my little brother and an email from my sister quickly changed my mood.  Thanks you guys~ I love you:)

Today was our shopping day.  We headed out this morning to go to Toys R Us to get some Christmas shopping done.  The store was busy but not too bad.  The lines at the registers were long.  We lucked out and found 2 things we wanted to get the boys for Christmas.  We were looking for one last toy- we searched high and low.  Toys R Us had remodeled since we were last there, so we had no clue where anything was.  Finding someone to ask a question- good luck.  I stood in the Customer Service line for a not so happy employee to help me and basically give me a generic answer as to where to find this certain game.  No luck.  After spending 2 hours too long in the store, we paid for what we had found and left. 

Next we went to CVS to do some shopping there.  I got the items I was looking for and proceeded to the register.  I informed the cashier that I had misplaced my card and given her my phone number.  She rang up my items and went to scan my ECB's when the register beeped and told her that the ECB's didn't match the card number from the phone number given.  The cashier was nice and tried every number I could think of.  Nothing worked.  I left the store and called CVS customer service who proceeded to tell me there was no phone number listed for the card number I had.  I went back into the store and asked if I had the physical card number if they could look it up that way.  The young lady had no clue how to do that but the store manager did.  So yay- I was able to get the items I wanted to get:)

At the end of our shopping day, it was nearing 4pm- loooong day.  We went to Lowes to pick up our very pretty counter top.  It looks great.  Michael took all the back seats out of the van so we could get the counter in the van.  We were so happy.  We got home and looked at the counter again and measured it to our current counter.  The sink hole that they cut was too big- our sink would fall right through.  Ugggg.  We called Lowes and of course the company who did the counter was closed for the day.  They are going to follow up tomorrow. 

What a long shopping day.  I did get some great deals- so for that I am happy.  As far as today's declutter assignment, I got none of it done :(  Hope you all did better than I did.  Tomorrow is a new day and I don't have any where to go.  So, I think it is going to be a declutter kind of day.  Plus the hubby is home this week, so I can put him to work:)

How did you do with today's assignment?  Post below and let me know, I would love to hear about it:)  See you all tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment