Thursday, August 30, 2012

2012 Monthly Project

This project was supposed to be done in July.  Well, that didn't exactly happen.  But I did do it:)  It just took me a little longer than expected.

For my July project I was going to make frozen yogurt with my handy dandy Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream Sorbet maker that my in laws got me for Christmas.

Here is what I used:

1 1/2 Cup Skim milk
1/4 Cup Half and Half
4 Cups Homemade yogurt
1/3 C Sugar
4 Tbsp Cocoa powder

I put all the ingredients in a bowl and mixed well.  I took my Ice Cream/ Frozen Yogurt maker's freezer bowl out of the freezer.  Pour the chocolate mixture into the freezer bowl.  Put the top on the Ice Cream/ Frozen Yogurt maker and turn on.  Let mix for 20-25 minutes.  When it thickens, it is ready.  Put in bowl and enjoy.  Put in air tight container and store in freezer. Remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating to soften.

How did it turn out?  Let's see:
Getting ready to turn on Ice Cream/ Frozen Yogurt maker

Yummy chocolate frozen yogurt goodness
It was so yummy.  The chocolate frozen yogurt had a nice chocolate flavor and a little tangy from the yogurt.  The boys and I liked it.  Michael not so much.  Which was fine with us, more for us to eat:)

This monthly project big yummy sticky thumbs up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment