Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Look who got his..............

Well, the day finally came.  Kevin came to me and said, "Mom, I am ready.  I have studied and feel I am ready to pass my learner's test."  So, we woke up bright and early Monday morning, got the boys off to school and Kevin and I made the 45 minute drive to DMV.

DMV opens up at 8am and we got there at 9am and the parking lot was not super full but fuller than I would have liked.  We checked in with the Information Desk and sat and sat and sat.  We sat for 30 minutes but luckily I had someone to talk to.  I had brought a book with me and figured I would read it while Kevin was taking his test.

Kevin was called to take his test- I opened my book but didn't get very far.  About 10 minutes into his test, Kevin came out with a huge grin.  The computer told him he passed:)  I was so happy for him.  And then again, we sat until someone called us up.  The nice lady behind the counter told me I should be very proud of Kevin as he had a perfect score- he got all the questions right.  I guess he really was ready.


I am very proud of Kevin but nervous all at the same time.  Michael has informed me that I will be teaching Kevin how to drive.  Now that he has his learner's permit paper, we are waiting for the card to mailed to us, we will enroll him into a driver course- which is cheaper than how much the public school would charge us.  Then I inform DMV that Kevin is homeschooled and provide all our documentation that we supplied the school board and I get to teach Kevin behind the wheel.  I think he will do well- I have been letting him drive up our drive way to let him get the feel for the brake and the gas pedal.  We hope to take him to the high school parking lot when no one else is there to let him practice driving around there.

It will be nice to have another licensed driver in the house- finally have someone to drive me around- LOL:)  But I will take my time and wait.  Having a driver's license means he is growing up.

They grow up so fast and in the blink of an eye will be graduating high school- off to college or work. I am trying to cherish the little things while they are still young:)

No comments:

Post a Comment