Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What a weekend.....

This past weekend was super busy.  I seem to stay that way, but hey what did I expect ~ life with 4 boys-LOL:) 

Michael came home Friday and all seemed to go well.  The dentist called to ask if Michael could reschedule his dentist appointment.  Which led to looking at the calendar and realizing little Michael's birthday was on Monday- oh my.  I wasn't finished my birthday shopping for him.  No problem- I will go shopping on Saturday.

Hubby then reminds me that he has to leave on Monday to head back up north for work.  Well, that means I have to do ALL my shopping on Saturday after the Lowes Build & Grow Clinic with 2 small kids in tow.  OK, we can do this.

We went to the Lowes Build & Grow Clinic where it seems I didn't quite all the directions as I should have and well his Shrek Onion Carriage is kind of wobbly.  And thank the Lord for extra nails because I failed to follow the part of the directions that stated to only put the nails in 2 of the holes- well little Michael and I kind of put all the nails in- oops:)  Thankfully, we found a different route to finish the Shrek Onion Carriage.  You can definitely tell when I help one of the boys with their Lowes project- something always seems to not go the way it should:)  Little Michael didn't seem to mind and was so delighted he had something that rolled, well rolled mostly:)

We then left Lowes and proceeded to head to Toys R Us.  I was reminded of why I normally don't take the little ones into the toy store.  Michael found the medical kit I just couldn't seem to find.  I evidently was having an off day.  I made the purchase without little Michael even knowing what I had bought:)

We left and went to Ross to look for shoes for Nathan as he seemed to tear up his shoes.  Nathan didn't get a new pair of school shoes this year as his shoes were in good shape, well that is until now.  Little Michael then informed daddy he needed to go potty- it was then that we discovered Ross doesn't have a bathroom- oh no.  Potty training has been going so well.  No Pull-Ups for 2 weeks and doing great. Until this moment he had to go.  Michael rushed him next door to Babies R Us but poor thing didn't make it.  Luckily, I had 2 complete sets of clothes with us- I was prepared.

We changed him and off we went.  Something happened, I can't remember what but little Michael ended up having a huge meltdown and we ended up going home and having lunch at home.  After lunch, I grabbed Kevin and off we went to finish the grocery shopping.  It had become a LONG day.  We didn't get home until 5pm, then had to unload the van, put everything away and then start dinner.  I was reminded of why I grocery shop on Monday.  It seemed everyone was at Walmart- it took me 2 hours just to get the things I needed and check out :(

OK- super tired- long day.  It was then I realized that we didn't have any type of cake for little Michael for his upcoming birthday.  It also hit me that Michael was leaving on Monday, so we needed to celebrate little Michael's birthday on Sunday.

I was super thankful I had some unfrosted cupcakes already made in the freezer- YES!!!!  I had already decided that Elmo cupcakes would be super cute.  I just thought I was going to make them Sunday for Monday not Sunday for Sunday.  I am so thankful for cupcakes in the freezer:)  This was my first attempt at Elmo cupcakes:

I think they turned out cute aside from the couple of droopy eyes:)  And who would have guess that out of the box of M&M's that there would only be 5 orange M&M's.  I didn't want Elmo to go nose less so he got a blue M&M:)  No one seemed to mind the blue M&M.
They seemed to be a huge hit.  It was quite the weekend.  But all in all, we had a great birthday celebration for my precious little Michael who is now 3 years old.  All my boys are growing so fast- it makes me sad.  I want to spend as much time with them as I can before they are all grown up and decide that they no longer need Mommy and Daddy.

You would thing after this action packed weekend, now would be the time to rest.  NOT- UPS dropped off the box we had been waiting for- homeschool books.  Today, was our first official homeschool day.  But, I will save that fun for another post:)

No comments:

Post a Comment