Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cooking to stock my freezer Day 1

Today was my first official day of cooking for my freezer.  Today was the day I was going to make 3 loaves of banana bread- one to eat for breakfast and 2 for the freezer to pull out later.  Was I able to make all 3 loaves today??

Why yes I did.  YEA!!!!  The zip bag at the bottom left is all that is left from the first loaf.  My family kind of devoured it.  It really is super yummy:) Recipe coming soon.

I am so glad I made all 3 loaves this morning as Kevin and Nathan both had eye doctor appointments.  Little did I know, we wouldn't get back until almost 5pm.  It was a long exhausting afternoon.  Luckily, for us both boys need glasses. 

Kevin found a pair of frames he loved.  Unfortunately, I did not fall in love with the price tag- oh my.  When did glasses take a giant leap up in price.  My glasses didn't cost that much and I have both scratch resistant lenses and the anti glare.  Which now, just the anti glare is $110.  I couldn't believe how much just the frames were.  Nathan found a nice looking pair of frames that were $110- really $110 for just the frames for an 8 year old??  Our insurance of course doesn't cover frames- lucky us:)

And we have no clue what kind of glasses Nathan needs.  Poor little guy failed his eye exam really well.  I really don't know the words to describe it.  The optometrist said that she could tell that Nathan was highly intelligent because his poor eyes were working against him.  First his hearing and now his eyes.  He is being referred to a pediatric ophthalmologist to get a better look at Nathan's eyes and they are booked up until September.  The wonderful optometrist told us today that surgery was not necessary- I was very happy to hear that.  So, we really aren't going to know much about Nathan's vision until September- I will keep everyone updated. 

Oops- that has nothing to do with freezer cooking.  Sometimes I get going and just don't know how to stop- darn ADHD:)

Were you able to get your day 1 freezer cooking accomplished?

Come back tomorrow to see how we do with cooking to stock my freezer day 2:)  Have a great night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment