Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Big Declutter Challenge #21 Update

Well, today definately went alot smoother than yesterday-YEA!!!!  I am so happy about that.

Yesterday was a challenging summer homeschool day.  I gave Chris and Kevin both a math worksheet with some multiplication problems on it.  Some were single digit multiplication, others were double and even triple digit.  I then discovered that 2 of my kids couldn't do the double and triple digit multiplication problems.  I was really sad. How in the world did they get to high school not knowing how to do these problems?

I was both floored and sad after talking with my boys.  I discovered that the reason they didn't know how to do those problems is that they were not required to learn it.  They are able to use calculators in class, on tests and on the SOL's.  Due to the overuse of calculators, both Chris and Kevin, I am sad to say, they both have difficulty with simple muliplication problems.

I am so thankful that the Lord is leading me towards homeschooling 3 of my 4 children.  I am thankful that we have the whole summer to brush up on their multiplication skills. 

Ok- enough of my rant- sorry about that.  I do feel better now- thanks:)

We are supposed to be talking about our declutter challenge for today.  Today was room #5 and area #3.  That was supposed to be the shelves in my bathroom, but I kind of did them yesterday and they were an easy challenge for me since I was having a rough day.

Here is my before pic:
OK- this is weird- my pics won't load up.  In case you were wondering, my shelves were messy and now that I have reorganized them- they are neat.  I seem to have lots of lotion that I didn't even realize I had.  I should be one well moisturized mama- LOL:)  I will post the pics as soon as my blog will allow me.

I did my shelves yesterday and today I tackled my sink.  I think I found about a year's worth of hair elastics as well as some combs I don't remember having.  But I do have a sink now- YEA!!!! 

For those who have been to my house, you know exactly what I am talking about.  But now, it looks so good.   I know where all my hair and makeup stuff is:)

I don't know about you but I am so ready for tomorrow's declutter challenge.  I am getting rid of so much stuff and it feels so good:) 

How are you doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment