Monday, December 2, 2013

Menu Plan for the week of 12/02/2013

Oh wow- it is December already!!  This year just seems to be flying right on by.  It will be Christmas before you know it.  I already know exactly how many days until Kevin's birthday and until Christmas.  The boys keep telling me every day exactly how many days until Christmas and Kevin is in Kevin's birthday countdown mode :)

How was your Thanksgiving?  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of great food, great fun and made great memories with your loved ones.  We were supposed to go over to my aunt's house on the other side of the state.  I was so excited to see everyone and to catch up.  It has been years since I have seen my cousin.  Well, things didn't exactly go as planned.  2 days before Thanksgiving little Michael got really sick.  We was feeling better the next day but unfortunately daddy and Nathan were not feeling so well :(  So, we decided to stay home and not pass our germs on to family.  I am sure everyone was happy about us keeping our germs to ourselves :)

The evening before Thanksgiving I run off to the store for our Thanksgiving dinner.  I do NOT recommend this unless absolutely necessary.  I had to go to 2 different stores just to find a turkey.  It was so not fun.

Everyone is feeling much better now and we have tons of turkey left over.  I was able to pick up a 20 pound turkey for $0.59 a pound- yay :)

Here is our menu plan for this week:

Breakfast
Vanilla Muffins with Cinnamon Crumb topping
Baked Oatmeal with apples X2
Pancakes X2
Scrambled eggs and fruit
Strawberry Spinach Smoothie with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins

Lunch
Salad with homemade ranch dressing and a banana for me and hubby
Sandwich with homemade bread, carrots and popcorn for everyone else

Dinner
Chicken Legs, rice and corn
Shredded Pork BBQ with zucchini
Corn Dog nuggets with green beans
Turkey soup
Spaghetti with homemade spaghetti sauce, zucchini and homemade rolls
Beef Stir-fry with Broccoli over rice

Snacks and desserts
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins
Apple slices
Carrots
Popcorn
Watermelon
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting- oh my this is so super yummy :)

What yummy dishes do you have planned for your family this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment