Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Super Yummy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe

This recipe is so easy to make, super healthy and you can whip it up in no time.  I use this same recipe when I am making both the Strawberry and Blueberry Smoothies.  All my boys like them and Michael said that it wasn't bad :)  He is not much of a smoothie person.

Strawberry or Blueberry Smoothie Recipe

What you need:
Frozen strawberries or blueberries
Very ripe banana
Yogurt- I use our homemade yogurt
Milk
Handful of Spinach (raw)

I use half a 12 oz package of strawberries or blueberries.  Pour frozen berries in blender.  Unpeel and drop the banana in, if using.  I use 1 cup of yogurt.  A splash of milk if yogurt covers fruit.  If yogurt does not cover frozen fruit, then pour enough milk to cover frozen fruit.  Place raw spinach on top. Put top on blender and blend until well mixed.  I usually blend it for about a minute.  Pour in tall glass and enjoy :) 
Frozen Strawberries

1 Cup of Yogurt

Enough milk to cover fruit- no banana this time :(

Handful of Spinach

Blend :)

Enjoy :)


I have been enjoying a smoothie every day for breakfast:)  This recipe makes around 25.35 ounces of rich, thick, super yummy smoothie.  It makes enough for me to have my tall green breakfast cup full of smoothie and one of the boys can have half a green cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment