Thursday, October 24, 2013

Our Florida Adventures~ Part 4

Last week was not a very good week for us.  First off, I was not feeling well.  Then what ever could go wrong did- oh boy :(

Our vacuum sucked up it's last cat hair ball.  Luckily, our home is mostly tile but we do have 5 carpeted rooms and it gave up in room 1. 

Our iron decided it was it's time also as it leaked water all over my hubby's work shirt as he was trying to iron it.

My drying rack decided it was tired of standing up and holding all of our clothes as it slowly tilted to the right and fell over.  Now it has a serious tilt and hanging clothes on it becomes a balancing act.

The mop literally fell apart while Kevin was moping the dining room- that was the first room he started it.  The sponge part broke right off the mop.  Leaving Kevin to finish scrubbing the tiles floors of 4 rooms and the hall on his hands and knees.

All this in 1 week- oh boy.  Luckily, we have an emergency fund and a Lowes gift card to be able to replace those items and go on with our normal cleaning schedule.

Living in Florida has been an adjustment and we have only been here 6 weeks.  We are thankful that the things breaking were small and not major appliances. 

I am trying hard not to pass out seeing the food prices down here.  $4 for a gallon of skim milk is outrageous.  Going to BJ's is not much better~ milk is $3.49 a gallon :( 

We are used to living in Amelia Court House, Virginia.  Land of farms and 2 stop lights.  We now live in rural Cape Coral.  No farms but lots of land and lots of stop signs.  People who have lived in Florida for some time call Cape Coral, "The land of many stop signs".  LOL :)

Also, I have noticed our short time here is that stop signs seem to be optional.  Where I am from you run a stop sign, you get pulled over and get a nice ticket.  Here no one seems to care.  I have seen a car pause and not stop at a stop sign right in front of a cop and nothing happened.  I am sure I am the crazy out of towner that actually makes a complete stop at stop signs.  I have almost been in a few accidents because of it- crazy.

Even through all the craziness, we like living here in Florida.  And getting to see my hubby every day is worth any hassle we have to go through.  I am also loving the cooler low 80 degree weather.  My dad, who lives in Virginia tells me that the weather is cold and in the 50's.

Stay tuned to see what we get into next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment