Monday, October 14, 2013

Menu Plan for the week of 10/14/2013

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :) 

As many of you know, hubby and I have been doing the Drop 10 Diet.  The food has been very tasty.  We are enjoying the different recipes.  I am so excited~ we have been doing this diet for 2 weeks.  First week, I lost 2 pounds.  Second week, I lost 4 pounds.  Yea for 6 pounds lost :)  While I am super excited about the weight loss, we have decided not to continue with this diet due to financial reasons.  We have had to raise our grocery budget in order to purchase all these foods.  But we nearly busted our raised grocery budget in 2 weeks.  Yikes :(

We have decided to use the food we have in our freezer and pantry for our meals for the remainder of the month.  I am also going to ride my bike for 30 minutes and walk for 2 miles a day and Michael will continue to run in the morning and see if we can continue losing weight.  We shall see:)

Here is our menu plan for this week:

Breakfast
Baked Oatmeal with apples X2
Oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins
Pancakes X2
Scrambled eggs with fruit X2

Lunch
Sandwich, carrots and popcorn
Salad with homemade ranch dressing and a banana for me

Dinner
Lentil burgers with corn
Edamame Fried Rice
Veggie lo mien- recipe coming soon:)
Shrimp Parm with Broccoli
Shredded BBQ chicken served on buns with green beans
Homemade Mac & Cheese with green beans
Asian chicken with salad

Snacks
Apple slices
Carrots
Popcorn
I am going to try to make Chocolate Cherry Brownies for dessert :)

What super yummy delicious dishes do you have planned to feed your family this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment