Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our family's favorite pancake recipe

Here is our family's favorite pancake recipe:


4 C Flour- we use White Whole Wheat Flour but you can use any flour you have on hand
6 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
4 C milk
6 Tbsp oil

Combine all ingredients in bowl.  Mix well.  Cook on griddle and enjoy:)  Sometimes for a special yummy treat we add in 1 C chocolate chips.

I also want to let you know that I use this recipe for our family of 6 with leftovers for breakfast the next morning.

These pancakes taste heavenly with our homemade syrup:)

2 comments:

  1. ok- i keep seeing you make these pancakes every week...and i am not a good pancake maker at all- ive tried and i want to be good. i do have a griddle at home- ive never used it but this weekend- im determined to get it out and try it- its a griddle you plug in- can you give me some tips on to how to know when to flip the pancake- how do i know when its ready, anything you can help me with would be appreciated....my kids eat pancakes everyday -they dont want anything else these days- but its the store bought kind- you think its cheaper making them? and can i freeze these? thank for your help.....This weekend my new receipe was cream cheese pound cake- it was so good.
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tess~ I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I am just now seeing this comment. Things have been so crazy around here. I also have a griddle that plugs in. One thing I do is to plug in the griddle when I start mixing the ingredients, so it can get nice and hot. I drop a couple of water drops on the griddle and if it sizzles than I know the griddle is ready to use. As far as when to flip, I wait until I see lots of bubbles on the pancake and then I flip. I am not sure if they are cheaper than store bought pancakes as I haven't bought pancakes in a very long time. These freeze very well, so I make a double batch and then the boys can have pancakes for breakfast when ever they want. Ooooo- Cream cheese pound cake sounds heavenly- please share the recipe if you are able. Hope your family is well and if you have any questions, just let me know. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete