Thursday, July 26, 2012

Garden Update

I just realized it has been some time since I last blogged about our garden.  Our garden was going good- still had some growing to do.

We went away on vacation and my mother in law came over to water my garden only to be presented with well issues.  Evidently, the switch for our well decided that my garden didn't need any water.  And because of that the front part of my garden died :(  I was sad but my garden can be replanted.

I went to the place I originally bought my plants and they had no more plants.  I found a place that recently opened near our home and they not only had vegetable plants but a buy 1 get 1 free sale going on.  I was able to replace most of what died in our garden and more.  Unfortunately, my strawberry hanging plants can no longer be purchased- strawberry season is over.

Something told me to water my strawberry hangers anyway- so I have and this has popped up:
I see green life in midst of all the brown
We have planted in our garden grapes vines, tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, green peppers, lilac peppers, zucchini, squash, various melons and watermelons, cucumbers and egg plant.  This is our first year planting lilac peppers, zucchini, squash and egg plant- so we will see how it all turns out.

Here are some pictures of our garden~ Enjoy:)
Our whole little garden

Beautiful green pepper

Grapes

Melon & Watermelon patch

Cucumbers

Eggplant

Our strange looking watermelon looking much like a cucumber

I am loving the look of our garden.  Can't wait to see what grows:)

Do you have a garden?  What kind of things are growing in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment