Thursday, December 12, 2013

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe

I was printing off a coupon for Nestlé's Toll House morsels and a recipe printed with it~ No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.  The boys looked at it, looked at me and said you HAVE to make this.

We used our freshly made Homemade Peanut Butter and made this super yummy delicious treat.

You will need:
2 Cups Peanut Butter
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Cups Graham Cracker crumbs
2 Cups chocolate chips- we used Dark Chocolate

First you need Graham Cracker crumbs.  I take Graham Crackers, put them in a gallon zip lock bag and take my rolling pin to them and you have graham cracker crumbs. Set them aside.

Take 1 1/4 Cups of your Peanut Butter and your softened butter and mix really well.  I used a spoon and stirred- it worked great.  Beat in 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar.  Work in remaining Cup of Powdered Sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 Cup of chocolate chips.  It was to hard to stir, so I used my hands to mix this mixture.  Press in greased 9X13 pan.  Set aside.

Melt 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter and remaining chocolate chips in pan over low heat.  I didn't see that the recipe said to use the lowest setting possible and almost burnt my melting chocolate- oops.  Stir constantly until smooth.  Spread over graham cracker crust in pan and set in refrigerator for 1 hour or until the chocolate is firm to the touch.  That is the hardest part- waiting for the chocolate to harden up so you can cut this bad boy.

Cut into bars and enjoy.  These were very tasty and gone very quickly :)
Someone got caught stealing chocolate chips out of the bowl while "helping".  See Kevin in the background "helping"/taste testing.
Graham Cracker mixture pressed in pan
Looks yummy.  If I didn't have any self control, I would have probably eaten that just the way it was :)
Looks tasty melted
Spread on top and place in refrigerator and wait
Kevin "helping" again- he is cleaning up~ LOL:)
These No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars were a huge hit with everyone in our family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment