Monday, February 18, 2013

Never a dull moment :)

Hope everyone had a pleasant and wonderful weekend.  We started out with a nice weekend and then ended it in the Emergency Room last night- oh the fun and joy:)  Little munchkin went to reach back to get his cars from daddy and ended up falling backwards right into our coffee table.  He screamed and I immediately scooped him up.  I asked him where it hurt and he pointed to his head.  I put my head on the back of his head and smooched his forehead trying to comfort my little one.  When I removed my hand, I noticed it was covered in blood- ok this is not good.  We got him cleaned up and noticed a nice size gash in his head.  Off the the Emergency room we rushed.  We arrived at 10pm and didn't even get seen until 12am.  So, not fun :(  The nurses and doctors were really sweet, we were thankful for that.  The doctor looked at his head and stated that little Michael would only need 1 staple.  Ummm what?  A staple?  That sounds painful.

The doctor reassured me that by the time little Michael knew what was going on, they would be done.  Ok- do what you need to do to fix my son.  A nice attending physician came in and cleaned the wound and attempted to put the staple in- well, lets just say that it didn't go in as it was supposed to.  I was afraid little Michael would be upset- but he didn't even move.  He was so good and laid there and let them do what they needed to do- I was so proud.  The attending told me that she needed help and went to get another doctor.  30 minutes later- she returned and had to remove the staple and tried again.  By the time she returned little Michael had fallen asleep.  It was well after midnight by then.  But this time, the staple went in no problem- yay:)

It was 1am by the time we were discharged.  Let's just say today was a very slow moving day.  Thankfully, no school today so I could sleep in- if only my body got the memo~ LOL:)

Little Michael is doing well.  He knows that there is something in the back of his head- he is just not sure what.  If you would keep my little munchkin in your prayers that he heals nicely.  This is a first for our family.  Little Micheal is the first to get a staple.  He hope to not have to go to the Emergency Room any time soon for anybody else:)

We hope that you all had a less eventful evening/morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment