Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day:) 

We didn't do anything special around here.  Since Michael was home today, he was a great help keeping the little one occupied while I attacked part of the living room and kitchen.  I am so excited with the progress I made today:)  Pictures coming soon.

While I was making dinner, I quickly mixed up a lemon cake and popped it in the oven.  I made one square cake and one round cake.  I wish I would have taken pictures of the cakes before.  Once the cakes were cooked and fully cooled, I removed them from their pans.  I placed the square cake on a piece of wax paper and turned it in the shape of a diamond.  I then cut the round cake in half and carefully placed them on each side of the diamond- making a heart shape- awww.  I then frosted the cake and it looked something like this:
I then let the boys dig in and I must say it was quite tasty:)

Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment