Thursday, February 21, 2013

Family Fun and Fudge- oh my:)

Well, since our counters got pushed back once again ~ I really wished we knew how to replace kitchen counter tops, we could just do it ourselves, but since we don't, we wait:).  It was too cold to have a family outing, so we decided to stay indoors and have a Family Fun morning:)

We played Monopoly- oh boy, I am so tired of Monopoly, it seems that that is the only board game we have with all the pieces. 
We also played Checkers a few times and Nathan tried his hand at Chess.  I am surprised that while he may not know the names of all the chess pieces, he knows how they all move:)

The boys have wanted to make fudge for some time now.  So, we decided what the heck, let's do it:)  Everything is better with chocolate:)   We found the recipe we wanted to use based on the ingredients we had on hand and....
Chocolate Chips, Condensed milk and butter

3 minutes in the microwave~ lovely swirl

Melted, poured in foil lined pan and placed in refrigerator to chill

Several hours later- sliced and ready to devour


I was surprised the little one's didn't care for the taste so much.  I thought it was very chocolatey and yummy.  I have a LOVE for chocolate:)  All the big people thought the fudge was super delicious.

We finally got a chance to make our baked carrot experiment.  I was told to peel and slice carrots and place them on an oiled pan.  Bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  The smaller carrot slices took 20 minutes to bake.  The larger pieces took 30 minutes total to bake.
Carrots sliced and ready to bake
Baked carrots~ well what is left when I realized I needed to take a picture

I don't like to eat carrots.  I don't like the way they taste.  Everyone else with the exception of little Michael all love carrots- cooked and raw.  Not me.  I was told to try baking carrots, that they tasted like sweet potato fries- which I love.  So, we tried them and I must say- I love them.  They are so tasty.  I am surprised I didn't turn orange with the amount of carrots I ate.  But I couldn't help it- they were so yummy.  And of course, after lunch with the tasty baked carrots we ate fudge.  What a day:)

After lunch, I was getting little Michael down for a nap when Michael decided to reorganize our laundry room, which was in desperate need of some attention.  And we tag teamed the kitchen together.  Pictures coming next week, since I found the card reader under my computer desk- thanks to our lovely cat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment