Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Decluttering Goals for the week of 02/18/2013

Wellll, the counters got pushed back yet again :(  We were sad but we understand.  The guy coming out to replace our counters called to let me know that they were predicting 3 inches of snow in his area.  We were not sure what they were calling for in our area.  He was afraid of getting out here and the roads getting bad.  So, no new counters but one day we will have them installed. 

We were able to take our newly free Saturday and tag team our kitchen and laundry room.  Well, actually hubby surprised me by tackling the laundry room by himself and installing a hook in the laundry room that I only asked him to hang up oh about 10 years ago:)  I will share pictures of our nice clean living room, kitchen and laundry room as soon as my card reader shows back up.  It seems to have grown legs and walked off- I think I may know where it is.  Our cat has decided that he wants to sleep on top of my computer desk, which means everything on top of my computer desk gets pushed or knocked behind my computer desk.  Which means I have to crawl under my desk and see what is hiding under there:) 

I must say I am loving the way my house is coming along.  It is surprising what a little bit of motivation can do for you.  Details coming soon~ I promise:)

This week, as long as little Michael is doing well after our boo boo and trip to the Emergency Room Sunday night/Monday morning, we plan to attack the Master bedroom.  I can't wait to have a clutter free bedroom:)  Well, let me rephrase that- there is not a lot of clutter in my room but since we don't have a lot of storage areas in our home, my room becomes the storing grounds for a lot of things that we don't have homes for.  Well, for the next couple of weeks we are going to change that:)

Here is our plan of attack for the master bedroom this week:
~ Clean off changing table and get it ready for the consignment sale
~ Go through book shelf
~ Go through tubs of clothes
~ Go through stuff between bed and dresser
~ Clean off dresser and get it ready for big huge yard sale
~ Go through and clean out night stand and get it ready for yard sale
~ Clean area between bed and window
~ Clean under bed
~ Go through shelving
~ Clean out closet

If you are in need of a declutter challenge in your home- feel free to hop on in and join me in my journey to get our house uncluttered, cleaned and company ready. If you have a room in your house you want to get under control~make a plan to get it done this week. Make a list of what you need to accomplish for that 1 room. Use what available times and days you have to get the list of your projects done. 

Let's see how much we can get done this week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment