Monday, September 3, 2012

Menu plan for the week of 09/03/2012

Oh my- it is September all ready??  Where did August go?  Some parents are preparing to send their kids to school tomorrow.  We went to the store this afternoon and were greeted by tons of parents doing their last minute school shopping. 

This weekend has been a tiring one.  I woke up Saturday to our cat having breathing issues.  So, off  to the vet we went.  The vet believes Ping, our furry feline, has a nasty sinus infection- poor little kitty.  The noises that were coming from this cat were very scary.  The vet gave us Amoxicillin to give to the cat- not liquid but pills.  Have you ever given a cat a pill before?  Oh my- how many people does it take to hold down a cat, pry his mouth open and pop the pill in this mouth before he has a chance to spit it back out- sounds like fun doesn't it- LOL:)  And to think, we get to do this for 15 wonderful days- the joy.  But if all works, Ping will be back to his normal purrfect self- wasn't that cute.  Wow, I must be really tired.

On Sunday, we went to church and went back to my dad's house for lunch, cupcakes and ice cream to celebrate little Michael's birthday.  We had a lovely afternoon with my dad and his girlfriend.  I am so blessed that my dad has met someone who makes him smile.

Before I fall asleep on my keyboard, here is our menu plan for this week:

Breakfast
Pancakes with homemade syrup
Baked Oatmeal with apples X2
Blueberry muffins
Cinnamon Rolls with out the glaze
Giant Breakfast cookies
Cinnamon sugar scones with out the glaze- it is way too sweet for our tastes, well for me- the boys would be running around with a sugar high all morning:)

Lunch
Sandwich, popcorn, banana

Dinner
Cheeseburger Macaroni with green beans- this stuff is great and tastes just like the boxed version- recipe coming later this week
Chicken Alfredo with corn
3 Cheese Garlic chicken with peas and carrots
Hash browns, scrambled eggs and sausage with fruit
Bean & Rice tacos with green beans
Chicken Noodle soup
Garlic chicken & Rice with corn

With all this fun shopping, I did earlier, I am pooped.  Also a certain 3 yr old, didn't take a nap so he is running around trying to stay awake.  I think we are going to call it a night.  Good night everyone- see you tomorrow:)  Have a blessed night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment