Monday, May 6, 2013

Menu Plan for the week of 05/06/2013

Did everyone have a wonderful weekend?  We had a kind of sort of lazy weekend.  We didn't do much of anything on Saturday.  Sunday, we to church and had lunch with my dad, his girlfriend and my brother.  It was good to see and talk to my brother, even though he isn't feeling well :(

This month is going to be quite a challenge for us.  Since, we were lucky to have snow in the spring, hubby's paycheck is not what we are used to.  So, after paying necessities, you know mortgage, electricity, insurance, etc. not much is left over.  We have $200 for groceries for this month for our family of 6 to work with.  Let's see how we are going to make this work. 

When we were first told hubby's check was going to be less, I started looking into how I was going to feed my family of 6 on $200 for the next month.  Well, for the next 3 months since his checks are for the quarter.  I came across a website where this family of 9 was able to eat for around $100 a month.  The more I read, the more I was convinced we could make this work.  A lot of the dinner recipes for this month are from her website, The Prudent Homemaker.    She has a blog post about how to eat beans every night:)

So, let's see how we do for this month.  Luckily, I am up for a challenge:)

This week's menu plan is:

Breakfast
Homemade Yogurt with oats and raisins X2
Baked Oatmeal X2
Oatmeal with brown sugar X2
Egg Sandwich

Lunch
Sandwich, carrots and popcorn
Lettuce spritzed with an orange and a banana for me

Dinner
Taco beans and rice with green beans
Minestrone Soup with homemade bread
Black bean burgers with Fruit
Rosemary White Bean Soup
Pasta e Fagioli with corn
Stirfry
Lentil tacos with peas

Snacks
Grapes
Strawberries
Carrot sticks
Homemade Kettle Corn

What you have on your menu plan for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment