Thursday, January 30, 2014

Adventures in Container Gardening

Container Garden Update.....My last update, I lost half of my lettuce plants. Well guess what?? If you guessed that I killed off the rest of my lettuce plants you would be correct- boooo. Lettuce does not like me. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I couldn't get lettuce to grow in Virginia and now cannot get it to grow in Florida. But I did notice this when I was out watering:
Little lettuce babies.  Not sure where they came from but I am eager to see if they grow or end up like the rest of my unlucky lettuce plants :(

Let's keep going with the bad news:)  My poor zucchini plants have moved on.  They shriveled up and just died.  I had a little luck with them in Virginia but here no luck at all :(
Ok enough of the bad news.  Onto the good news of actual plants thriving and doing well:)  Not sure what I am doing with these veggies versus the other ones.
Cherry tomato plants going wild:)  I have never had luck with tomato plants of any kind in Virginia.  Here in Florida, there are a lot of baby maters and more coming in.  Nathan is so excited- cherry tomatoes are his favorite.
Regular normal tomatoes.  Can't remember the actual names of this kind of tomato.  But they are changing color- YIPEE!!!!  Even though there are only 2, I will take 2 over 0 any day:)  I am happy that they are doing well and growing. 
Green Pepper.  I only have 1 currently growing and a flowering bud.  I had another baby pepper growing but accidentally hit it with a powerful spray of water and knocked it right off the plant- ooops.
Last but not least, my spinach plant.  I never attempted spinach in Virginia.  So, this is really awesome that my little spinach plant is taking off so well.  The leaves look so tasty.  I am going to be picking some off soon and adding it to my Fruity Spinach Smoothie- yummy :)

Well, that concludes my tiny container garden update for this week.  Join me next time and see what happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment