Thursday, January 16, 2014

Adventures in Container Gardening

I went out to water my backyard container garden and found this:
Eeeeek!!  My poor lettuce bolted- booo :(  I knew it was bound to happen.  Things were going so well.  I was hoping I traded in my Virginia brown thumb for a Florida green thumb- nope:)  Not all my lettuce bolted but half did.  I removed the bad half and now the good half has a lot of room to grow.

On a happier note~ vegetables I couldn't get to grow in Virginia are flourishing here in Florida.  So I must be doing something right~ right?

Here is the rest of my backyard container garden:
Lots of clusters of cherry tomatoes- WOOHOO

Regular tomatoes growing strong

Green Peppers- peppers are growing great but a little critter has been munching on the leaves

Zucchini- wasn't doing so well but is recuperating and growing:)
So we have a mixed garden- some are doing great, some are recovering and some are just not doing well at all :( 

Have you ever had a container garden?  Anyone have any tips or tricks?

I will share next week how my garden is coming along.  Hopefully it can survive this crazy up and down weather we seem to be having.

No comments:

Post a Comment