Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

I have always had bad luck making New Year's Resolutions.  Usually by February, I have forgotten all about them.  And then by the middle of the year, I am so upset with myself for not following through.

Someone told me about New Year's promises or better yet goals.  OK sounds better.  That way, if I don't get it all done, it doesn't sound so bad and I don't beat myself up as bad not accomplishing all on my list.

There is so much that I want to do in 2014 but do I have enough time to do it all?  Who knows.

I was looking for something online when I accidentally came across Caroline from Modest Mom blog's post about her New Year's Resolution.  You have to read it:)  Caroline is so right, you can make all the resolutions, promises and goals you want for 2014, but what is it you really want to accomplish this brand new year?

If you had to make just one New Year's resolution, goal, promise or what ever you want to call it, what would it be?

I also want a more On Purpose Life.....

We have been blessed with this wonderful work move but I feel our marriage has been stressed.  We need to find ways to reconnect and find the joy and love we had so many years ago.  Not to say our marriage is at risk for anything life changing.  Sometimes I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I would love help with anything.  Hubby comes home and sits in his chair and that is where he stays until dinner.  I sometimes get frustrated with this but have to remember that he just spent the entire day away from the home and I have no clue the type of day he had.  This 950 mile move alone was stressful for all of us.

I need to be there more for my children.  I find that my morning routine is getting up, getting coffee, devotions, making breakfast and right to the Internet.  I have to check my emails, check to see if anyone ordered anything from my Scentsy business or Lilla Rose business.  I have to get on Facebook and see how life for everyone else is going.  Before I know it, it is 10am and I haven't even started anyone on any school work. Which makes for a long school day.  No wonder I can't seem to get anything done.  I need to be more intentional with my time.

I want to be more purposeful with our finances.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways regarding our finances.  We are climbing out of the debt hole a lot faster than we were previously.

I want to be a better homemaker and need to realize all the Lord has blessed us with.

In short, I want to be a better daughter to our Heavenly Father, a better wife to my loving husband, a better mother to my children, a better teacher for our homeschooling and a better steward of our finances.  I want to be a more generous, intentional, forgiving and humble person.  I think that about sums it up.

I will still keep a running list of goals I would like to accomplish in 2014 and will feel blessed to get as much as I can possibly get done without feeling down with the ones I simply cannot do.



No comments:

Post a Comment