Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Our Adventures with Freezer Cooking


Anyone heard of freezer cooking?  Anyone successful with it?  I have heard of it and have dabbled here and there but nothing stuck.

I was reading Crystal's blog and came across a post about freezer cooking.  She linked to with the website, Who Needs A Cape, where the authors of this website did a major freezer cooking haul.  40 meals in 4 hours- wow.  It had my attention.  I spent Saturday evening after the boys went to bed and wrote my massive grocery list.  And on Sunday, spent 4 hours at several grocery stores.
The massive amount of meats and some of the veggies
Michael and I spent 2 hours Sunday evening cutting, chopping and packaging our many meals.  We don't have all 40 prepped just yet.  Found out that Save A Lot is having a 3 day sale this weekend.  So, I will be purchasing the rest of the ingredients then.

Here is the outcome of our freezer cooking prep evening:
Freezer full of all kinds of delicious packets all ready to just dump in the crockpot, walk away and let it do it thing- LOVE IT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment