Thursday, January 2, 2014

Adventures in Container Gardening

I am in love with my tiny backyard container garden.  Everything is taking off so nicely.  So much has been going on in 7 short days.

I wish I would have known about the wonders of container gardening while in Virginia.  It would have made life a little easier.  No ground to till and you can move the buckets where ever you need to them to be.  Need more sun?  No problem, just move them into the sun.  So easy.

I have never had this much growth in my in ground garden back in Virginia.  I think that had a lot to do with the nice Amelia clay that we had instead of dirt.

Here is what is going on in my backyard container garden:

Found more cherry tomatoes along with the cluster near the top

Regular tomatoes getting bigger

Green Peppers

Spinach

Romaine still looking awesome
Beautiful flowering zucchini plant
Things are going in the right direction with our backyard container garden.  Everyone is getting excited.  Can't wait to see what next week brings.  Until then, have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment