Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What a wild weekend we had....

It started on Friday- a normal nothing too exciting happening Friday.  The older boys went to the library to volunteer.  Later that evening, the library was hosting a Pokemon game, where my boys stayed to play.  That is until, my 14 yr old calls me and says, "Mom, can you pick me up, I'm having chest pains".  I ask him to rate his discomfort from 1 to 10- 10 being the worst and he says 8.  Luckily, my husband was in the driveway.  I grabbed my keys and picked up the boys from Pokemon and on to the ER we rushed.

Evidentally, Friday was the day for going to the ER.  It was more packed than I have ever seen it.  We sat for 2 hours before being taken back to the ER.  They did do xrays and we were informed that if something didn't look right that we would have been taken back alot sooner.  We didn't even get a room in the ER, we got a bed and chair in the hall.  But I didn't mind if it meant getting answers sooner.  We were seen by 2 PA's (Physician Assistants) and 1 doctor and no one could pin point what was causing Kevin's chest pain. 

We were later informed that Kevin either strained a muscle or ligament or had inflamed chest cartilage.  They wrote a prescription, which my insurance didn't cover and sent us on our way.  We got home late.  I gave Kevin 2 Motrin, we ate dinner and went to bed.  Thank the Lord, Kevin has not had any more pains.

Saturday afternoon, we took Nathan to Toys R US to spend his birthday money.  We were surprised with a phone call from my mother in law asking us to have an early dinner with her and her husband.  We went to Johhny Rockets and had the most delicious milk shakes I had ever tasted.  Dinner was good too- LOL:)  After dinner, we finished running our errands and got home for bedtime.

Sunday, we went to church as usual.  Then went to my dad's house, where we met up with my aunt, my cousin and her two kids and had a really good lunch.  I really enjoyed spending time with everyone.  We left dad's house that evening and headed home.  Everyone was exhausted.  We had a busy weekend. But it doesn't end there.

Monday, Kevin had a doctors appointment for a physical for marching band.  Everything was going well with the physical until Kevin had to touch his toes.  The doctor asked me to look at his back.  He feels Kevin may have scoliosis.  He sent us for xrays of Kevin's back.  It was confirmed that he does indeed have a mild case of scoliosis and he would need to be monitored.

So, that is how the last 4 days for us went.  We are all exhausted and haven't caught up on our sleep yet.  I hope your weekend was alot less eventful than ours:)

No comments:

Post a Comment