Thursday, July 28, 2011

Adventures in Gardening

I have wanted to update my gardening posts but then my computer crashed and then I ended up leaving my camera cord in NC while we were on vacation.  Special thanks to my mother in law (from NC) for mailing the camera cord to me:)

I feel so blessed that my garden is doing so well.  Last year, my garden didn't produce anything.  So, this year, we moved the garden to get more sunlight.  

Ambrosia Melon vines


Picture of garden taken before we left on vacation
  My mother in law (from VA) came over and watered my garden twice during the week while we were gone.  She also informed me that it had rained here quite a bit.  I must admit, I was nervous coming home, not knowing what my garden was going to look like.  My "baby" aka my garden was used to being watered twice a day.  We got home and after getting all the kids and luggage in the house, I went to investigate my garden.  I stood in awe- my little barely growing garden was flourishing.  People driving by probably thought I was nuts as I stood there praising the Lord for my beautiful garden. 
Cucumbers

Cucumbers in center of garden

Ambrosia Melon vines gone wild:)
I was so excited to be able to pick 6 cucumbers from our garden.  The longest one was almost 17 inches long:)  Our cucumbers have been coming in so fast and so plentiful that we have been able to bless my dad, my mother in law from VA and my neighbor with cucumbers:)
I am excitedly planning next years garden:)

No comments:

Post a Comment