Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to school

The boys started school on Monday, August 22nd.  Chris started 11th grade, Kevin started 9th grade and Nathan started 2nd grade.  Kevin was a little nervous about going to a new school since he was in the much smaller middle school last year.  Oh my, I have 2 high schoolers this year.
I forgot to take a picture of the boys before they walked to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus.  Chris, being a teenager, refused to turn around and get his picture taken with his brothers.

The first day of school went very well.  The boys all had a fantastic day.  YEA!!!  The second day of school seemed to be going well until we had an earthquake.  That was quite an event.  There is nothing like getting the little one down for a nap and falling asleep with him- he is such a sweet cuddler:)  And waking up by a strange sound then your whole house starts shaking.  It scared me until I realized what had happened.  For a moment, I thought the hurricane that is supposed to hit got here early.  Nope- we had an earthquake.  I am so happy that all the boys seemed OK when we talked about what had happened.  I knew Chris and Kevin would be OK but was concerned with how Nathan felt.  But he reassured me that he was OK and that the earthquake didn't scare him.

I hope and pray that the rest of the week, the boys have an uneventful, wonderful first week of school:)

No comments:

Post a Comment