Thursday, August 25, 2011

Homemade brownies- Try New Adventures Thursday

I must admit I have never made homemade brownies.  I have always run to the store and bought a box of brownie mix and made it.  This last time I ran to the store to buy brownie mix, I was floored by the amount it went up.  I wondered if I could make brownies that tasted great.  So, I set out for the perfect brownie recipe.  I found Laura from Heavenly Homemakers recipe and decided to give it a try- it looked incredibly easy.  I didn't have all the same ingredients, so I did substitute:

Chocolate Chip Brownies (without the chocolate chips)
1 stick butter, melted
1 C sugar
1/4 C Cocoa powder
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C Flour
1/2 C chocolate chips- which I left out (Laura makes her own chocolate chips- how cool is that)

Stir in melted butter, sugar & Cocoa.  Mix in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Bake in 8X8 pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

I doubled this recipe for a 9X13 pan and baked for 30 minutes.
Yummy Chocolate goodness before baking
The finished product- looks so good
I was so excited about how easy it was to make and how yummy it looked after baking.  It was hard to let it cool.  My whole house smelled of chocolatey goodness- Mmmmm:)  I had to taste test it to make sure if was safe to eat- at least thats my story:)  It was sooo good.  The boys could hardly wait until dessert time.  They gave it a huge thumbs up and in the recipe box this recipe goes to make often:)

This post is linked up to Alicia's Homemaking Try New Adventures Thursday

6 comments:

  1. YUM! I have to admitt as well, I have NEVER made true homemade brownies. This sounds delish and I hope to try it once my morning sickness lessens. :)
    xo Marissa
    ps. Found you via TNAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marissa- thanks for stopping by. I am so glad I am not alone in the never made homemade brownie department:) You should definately give these a try- they are sooo yummy. They are a huge hit here. Congrats on your pregnancy- I remember oh so well morning sickness- not fun. Have a blessed day~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, homemade brownies are so good. I especially love them with nutella on top. And they're really so easy...makes the box mix seem unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try this!! My adventure this week was chocolate chip cookies!! I know, why have I never made them? =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia- I have never tried Nutella- will have to look into that. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Have a blessed weekend~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyceandnorm- ohhh chocolate chip cookies- sound so yummy:) I will have to hop on over to your blog and check them out. Have a blessed weekend~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete