Thursday, August 18, 2011

Frozen Hot Chocolate~ Try New Adventures Thursday

Today was such a long day.  I had to get up early and run some errands, then get back home to eat lunch and go to the elementary school and the high school to meet the boys teachers.  Then had to fix dinner when we got home.  Luckily, we had breakfast, so it was easy to prepare.  The boys kept asking me what they could have for dessert.  I was trying to come up with something easy and creative.  Then it hit me- a couple of months ago, Kevin had found a coupon for Dunkin Donuts for a free cup of frozen hot chocolate.  He thought it was so delicious.  I found it to be too sweet.

I looked through the cabinets and realized we had hot chocolate packets- YEA!!!  I pulled out:
My GE Single Serve blender, hot water, ice and hot chocolate packets.  Lets see if we can recreate the frozen hot chocolate.

I took 1 packet of hot chocolate mix and put it in the cup of the blender.  I then added ice cubes all the way to the top and filled the cup with hot water.  Put the blade on the cup and inserted in the blender.
I mixed it for a couple of seconds and took the top off and I was pleasantly surprised- it worked.  I had made frozen hot chocolate:
Sorry it is so dark.  With the flash on you couldn't see it clearly.  Now that the boys are all excited about this concoction, the next thing is the test taste.  They give it a ....

Thumbs up- they loved it:  Not too sweet- just right.  I was so pleased I was able to make this so easily.  So, that is my new adventure today:)

This post is linked to Alicia's Homemaking Try New Adventure Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment