Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our unusual houseguests:)

I sent my son to get the mail and he pulled out a small tan box from the mailbox. He wasn't sure what was in it since the box said to avoid heat and frost and the words Live and open at once were stamped on it.  I had to giggle- Avoid heat- ya right.  We have had high 90's, close to 100 degrees here.  And the mailbox had to be hot inside.  I guess the postman missed the large red lettering on the box.  Luckily, the box wasn't in the mailbox too terribly long. 

When I realized where the box came from, I tore open the box.  I felt like a kid at Christmas- they were here- they are finally here- YEA!!!!

You are probably wondering what in the world is in this container.  There are 5 painted lady caterpillars.  Nathan got a butterfly habitat for his birthday and you had to send away for the caterpillars.  The company was supposed to send me an email to let me know when they shipped, so I would know when to expect them.  Well, that didn't happen.  So, we were really surprised to see them in the mailbox.

I am so excited that my boys willl get to experience the transformation of caterpillars into beautiful butterflies up close and personal.  Don't worry, I will take pictures and keep you updated as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment