Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Our Family Fun Saturday

Somehow, I woke up before the boys did.  I am not sure how that happened.  I usually get woken up by a certain 10 year old or 5 year old :)

I could smell the coffee brewing so I knew it had to be 7am or after.  I decided to get up and start the day.  By the time everyone woke up, I was in the middle of making a double batch of pancakes, dark chocolate granola and applesauce muffins.  It has been so nice to not have to make breakfast for everyone every morning this week.  I think I may have to do some weekend baking more often.

I knew that Saturday evening was Respite Night so we decided to pack a lunch and head back out to Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium for the afternoon.  As always we had a great time at Calusa Nature Center and even had time for a really interesting Planetarium show before heading home.  The animal show guy was great.  I was not sure if his shows were the same every time.  I asked him and he said that his shows were not the same, which is great for members like us.

Here are some pictures of the animal show and of Calusa Nature Center:


The only butterfly in the aviary so far

Michael taking to the fox, he is so sweet

Lunch Time~ you could smell the strawberries as he was munching down.  It smelled so good, it made me hungry :)

Someone trying to escape :(
Huge Iguana
We were told that they are in love :)

Duncan the Animal Guy

Really cute racoon peeked out as we came by


The younger boys love learning about manatees every time we visit

Nile Monitor
We always have a great time at Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium. 

After church on Sunday, we visited our church's Pumpkin Patch.  Michael picked out a nice big pumpkin.  Nathan had already gotten and carved a pumpkin at Respite Night.  I accidentally forgot my camera- opps, so no pictures of the pumpkin patch.  I will try to remember and take a few this Sunday :)

As you can see, we had a great and fun filled weekend.  Next week and weekend are going to be filled with so much fun and excitement.

I can't wait to tell you about our next Family Fun Adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment