Thursday, October 9, 2014

Our Family Adventure

I know some of you are dying to find out the secret location Kevin and I flew to :)

A few months ago, my dad called and told me that he had found the one he wanted to share the rest of his life with and wanted to know my feelings about asking Lynn, his girlfriend, to marry him.  While I was deeply touched by the gesture, my dad is his own person and will do what he wants to do no matter what anyone thinks.  Luckily, I love Lynn.  So no problems here.  All I want is for my dad to be happy.

When my mom passed away, I literally watched my father fall apart.  He was loosing way too much weight too fast.  I took him to multiple doctor appointments and no one could find anything wrong with him other than dealing with grief.  It is such a horrible sight to see your parent withering away, while there is nothing you can do about it.

God must have heard our prayers.  Lynn walked into my dad's life and helped him with the grief.  She picked up the pieces of his shattered life and put them back together.  I am forever grateful to Lynn for saving my dad's life.  Who knows where my dad would be if it were not for Lynn.  They complete each other and the love they share literally beams off of them :)

Any who, I got sidetracked for a minute.  My dad called and told me his plans.  I knew I had to be there for him.  At that moment, I didn't think it was going to work out financially so I told my dad we couldn't make it to SC.  My hubby saw I really wanted to go so he encouraged me to go.  I would have loved to have taken the whole family with me on this special trip but funding was not in our favor.

I had been in contact with Lynn's daughter and she told me that if we could find a way up she would not only pick us up at the airport, she would let us stay at her house :)  That night I booked the flight for Kevin and I to fly up to SC.  But we didn't tell my dad- shhhh :)  I told my dad that we had a homeschool conference to go to that weekend and couldn't make it.  He said no worries and that Michelle would tape the whole thing and send to me. hehehe

Michelle snuck us into my dad's house and told him to come inside for a birthday surprise.  The look on my dad's face as he saw Kevin and I was priceless.  Unfortunately, my dad had socks on.  If you have ever seen a cat or dog trying to get traction and run on tile floor, well that was my dad and he was trying to make his way across the kitchen.  It was historical. 

My dad got another surprise later that evening as my brother and his girlfriend drove down to surprise my dad. Luckily, Lynn thought that we had come to the house for my dad's birthday.  hehehe

Sunday came and it was my dad's birthday.  He decided that he wanted to eat at Red Lobster.  We eat and Kevin got Endless Shrimp and ate his weight in shrimp :)

The time comes and dad tells Lynn that he bought her something to wear for her birthday the next day.  She looks confused but said OK.  Dad pulls out a shoe but it was Michelle's shoe- oops.  Then he tells her that he loves her and wants to ask her if she would marry him.  She thinks for a minute and says YES!!!!

I am so excited for them both. They are so happy together.  I am glad I got to share in his happy occasion with them.  It is not everyday you get to see your father proposing.

Now I am on the ground and looking forward to getting everything back to normal.

I can't wait to see where our next adventure will take us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment