Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our Saturday Kite Flying Adventure

We were trying to figure out what to do and where to go on our Saturday Family Adventure.

I looked outside and noticed it was pretty windy.  That is one thing I love living here, that we have a nice amount of windy days.

It  hit me~ we have kites and the boys have yet to use them.  We never had a chance to use them in Virginia.  The boys eyes lit up when I told them my plans.  I just had to find a spot away from trees and power lines.  I had a spot in mind but noticed the empty lot beside our house was away from power lines and trees.  We decided to give it a shot.

Michael flying his kite with his hat from his paw paw :)

Michael's Kite
Nathan's Kite

Daddy getting Nathan's kite going
Nathan loving kite flying

Chris decided he wanted to join the fun
The boys had fun flying kites.  Even though Nathan did "accidentally" let go of his kite and it flew across the street and into the power lines, then unstuck from the power lines and got stuck in our neighbor's tree- not once but twice.  Michael got bored with his kite flying and decided to run around the empty lot collecting cute yellow weeds, um I mean beautiful "flowers" that he decided I needed.  So thoughtful :)

We were outside for hours. No tv, no Internet, no video games :)  Just together having fun :) 

I can't wait to see where our next Saturday Family Adventure takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment