Thursday, March 6, 2014

Our Fun Pancakes

Or as my 4 year old calls them- pannycakes :)

I was on Facebook reading about everyone's interesting lives and what cool things their families have been up to.  One of my friends from Virginia posted a picture of a piece of toast that she made look like a bear.   It was so cute.  A thought came to mind- what a great way to get kids to eat more fruit.  Make breakfast fun.

I showed the younger boys the picture and they immediately asked if I could make a bear pannycake.  I said I would try and it was history from there.  The boys are having a blast.  They tell me before they go to bed what animal they would like for me to make and wake up in the morning to an interesting fun pannycake.

Here are some of our creations so far:
Bear

Was supposed to be a monkey.  But he didn't turn out well, so it became a funny face.

Jelly Fish

Fox- the boys couldn't resist singing What did the Fox say with breakfast :)
They are enjoying their fun pancakes.  For tomorrow, they are requesting a dog.  So, I need to put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment