Monday, November 4, 2013

Menu Plan for the week of 11/03/2013

Happy November.  New month means new grocery budget- yay :)  Unfortunately, thanks to our grocery budget explosion of last month, we kind of had to borrow from this month's grocery budget in order to feed our family last month.  This month we have $250 to work with.  I think I can, I think I can :)

I was happy when I stumbled on Erin's from 5dollardinners.com post about how she planned 20 meals for $150 shopping at Costco.  It triggered my interest.

We don't have a Costco here, at least not that I am aware of.  And even if we did, I don't have a membership there, so we still wouldn't be able to shop there.  So, I am going to use her recipes for the 20 meals she has planned and see what we can get them for using the stores we have available to us here in Cape Coral, FL.  We are also going to need to supply 10 more dinners, breakfast and lunches for the month. 

Go here to see the 20 meals that Erin has planned, along with a handy dandy shopping list:)

Since we are working on a limited budget, let's see what we can do.  Ready?

Here is our menu plan for this week:

Breakfast
Baked Oatmeal with apples X2
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins X2
Homemade Yogurt with oats and raisins
Strawberry or Blueberry Smoothies
Egg Sandwich with fruit

Lunch
Sandwich on homemade bread, apple slices and popcorn
Salad with homemade ranch dressing and a banana for me and hubby

Dinner
Grilled Chicken with mango & avocado Salsa and green beans
Slow Cooker Chicken Parm with zucchini
Spaghetti with meat sauce and corn
Beef & Beans taco with zucchini
Ranchero Chicken with zucchini
Lentil tacos with zucchini
Pasta with Broccoli, Sausage & Ricotta Surprise

Snacks
Oranges
Tangerines
Apples
Carrots
Popcorn

What yummy dishes do you have planned for your family this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment