Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kids Consignment Sales

Have you been?  What do you think about them?

Last year, I was at my parents house and noticed signs on the side of the road.  I made a mental note of the name but didn't write it down.  And most of you know that unless I actually write something down, I have a tendency of forgetting it.  And I did forget to look it up when I got home.  Luckily, we eat lunch at my parents house every Sunday after church, so I saw the signs over and over again.

When I did happen to remember to check out the consignment sales, I could only remember the name and not the website.  So I googled it and came up with 2 consignment sales that I wanted to try to go to.  Their names are very similiar~ Kids Closet Connection and Kids Kloset. 

I found that Kids Kloset was closer to my parents house and Kids Closet was closer to me.  Luckily, they had different sales dates.  We went to both of the consignment sales on their last day, when most of the items are 50% off:)

One of the sales we didn't find much, they were pretty bare by the time we got their after church.  But the other we found lots of clothes and toys and were able to get a large Christmas present for little Michael and Nathan for 1/4 of the original price.

If you are looking for a great way to get kids clothes, toys, feeding, etc, you should check out kids consignment sales.  Or if you are looking for a way to make a little extra cash, try consigning your kids stuff.  You should check out different local sales as they all have different fees they charge and differenr percentages of what you get back for selling with them.

I am going through the house now and am getting ready for the consignment sale in Chesterfield next week.  This is our first time partcipating in a consignment sale, so we shall see how it goes.

Have you ever sold anything at a kids consignment sale?  How did it go?  Did you find the process easier than having a yard sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment