Thursday, March 1, 2012

January & February 2012 Goals Update

I never got a chance to update our 2012 goals for January.  So, I thought I would include both January and February goal reviews in this one post.

Here are our 2012 Goals: (in no particular order)

1) To not eat out or at least to not pay out of pocket, with the exception of tips. If we want to treat the family to a meal out, we will make sure we have a gift card to cover all of us.
We did fabulous with this goal.  We didn't eat out all in January.  We did go out to eat at Bonefish grill in February but we used a gift card and only had to pay $1.56 out of pocket plus tip, which we paid in cash:)

2) Pay off 2 credit cards
Still working hard on paying off the credit card with the lowest balance so we can tackle the next.

3) Not to use any of our credit cards for 2012. To pay cash for everything.
We did great with this and used cash for our purchases in January and February.

4) To lower our grocery budget. Our current grocery budget is $400 month for our family of 6. Our goal is to lower that amount and to save the remainder.
We did good in  January staying below budget and were able to put $40 in our leftover grocery budget envelope.  With the stress of February, we went over budget by about $35.  We will see what March is like.

5) To create a monthly meal plan for our family, to use leftovers more efficiently and to make use of everything in our pantry and freezer.
Doing great with this for both January and February- use leftovers wisely and wasting less.

6) Unclutter the house and become more organized:)
We are doing great with this.  I have started with all the baby stuff and will be consigning them in March.  I have made a list of must declutter areas and have broken them down into smaller jobs.  That makes me feel not so overwhelmed.  I have a tendency to look at my massive to do list and have no clue where to start and then nothing gets done.  So, I have made a big to do list and broken it down into smaller chores for myself.  So far so good.

7) Lose weight- I need to get motivated to lose this baby weight- my goal is to lose 20 lbs this year.
Didn't lose anything in January.  For lent, I gave up sweets and desserts- so far I have lost 4 pounds.  So happy I finally got under the weight I seemed to be stuck at for so long.

8) Morning devotions, prayer time and more bible reading
Doing great with this:) 

9) Monthly date night with hubby- whether we go out or stay at home, pop popcorn and rent a movie
In January, we stayed in. popped popcorn and watched Contagious.  This movie is great- I laughed and cried.  But more important, enjoyed my husbands company.

In February, we went out to Bonefish grill and ate a nice yummy dinner and then came home and watched Breaking Dawn.  I love having movie and date nights with my hubby.  Looking forward to having more of these.

10) To spend quality family time together. With everyones schedule and us running all over creation, I would love to spend more quality time together- no tv- us playing games, talking, enjoying each others company.
Not so great with this goal- will make more of an effort to make this happen.

11) Not to use our dryer to save on electricity and lower our electricity bill
Doing fabulous with this goal and when our electric bill came in it was $15 lower- YEA!!

12) To make a better effort to blog more regularly and to make a blogging schedule
Started out doing great with this but then surgeries, doc/dentist appointments, etc came up and made blogging more difficult.  But everything is quiet so far, so I have been consistent in blogging:)

13) To make much needed house repairs
Making a list of house repairs to do when the weather warms up

14) To fix the car that is sitting in our driveway so that whoever gets their drivers license first will have a car to drive or share if they both get their license at the same time
Trying to figure out what we need to do to get it running and how much we need to save up to fix.

15) To do 1 project a month and blog about it- will post the list of projects soon
Doing great and having a blast with this.  January and February projects done and successful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment