Friday, September 17, 2010

What's for Dinner?

We had yummy delicious homemade pizza- it was sooo good.

Its not delivery, its not DiGiorno- its homemade pizza :)

I don't know why the cheese pizza in the back looks burnt.  I made 1 cheese pizza, 1 chicken pizza and 1 chicken with BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce pizza. This was the best pic I could get before the smell of freshly baked pizza filled the house and the kids came running and devoured the pizza.  I have heard many people tell me that they would love to make the things I do but they don't have alot of time- well- time is not something I have alot of also.  Remember I have 4 boys and with their schedules, sometimes I feel like a taxi.  That is what I love about this pizza from start to finish it takes about 30 minutes and doesn't require alot of ingredients. 

I would like to thank Crystal from moneysavingmom.com for this wonderful pizza crust recipe.

Homemade Pizza Crust
1 Tbsp active dry yeast
1 C warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp veg oil (I use canola oil)
2 1/2 C flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Dump onto floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.  Roll out and press onto greased pizza pan.  Add toppings and bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.

We make it a little bit different, we use all the same ingredients. Dump onto floured surface- knead for about 5 minutes- press onto greased pizza pan- bake for 8 minutes- remove from oven- add toppings- transfer onto pizza stone- return to oven for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. 

Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment