Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 2017 Challenge

Last month's 30 day challenge didn't go so well :(

But that is ok.  It is a new month with a new challenge. 

For the month of May, I am challenging myself to not eat after 8pm.  I hope to be able to tame the late night snacking monster that always seems to pop up.

I eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I watch my snacking during the day but as soon as night hits I become hungry.  But not for real food but the yummy chocolatey version.  Which may be the reason I am not seeing any weight loss.

It seems that not eating at certain times of the day has an actual name~ Intermittent Fasting.  I have seen some people do intermittent fasting for 16 hours a day and only eat 2 meals through out the day.  I don't think I could do that. At least not at this moment.  I am trying to keep things simple.  It gives me a better chance at succeeding.  For this month, I am focusing on not eating past 8pm and eating breakfast at 8am.  Giving my body a 12 hour rest period.

Evidentially, intermittent fasting seems to have some health benefits~ who knew?  Miss Elena House has a great informative video on Intermittent fasting as well as the schedule she follows.

Let's see how this month goes :)

Do you do Intermittent Fasting?  What does your eating window look like?


No comments:

Post a Comment