Thursday, July 31, 2014

Our Super Duper Exciting News

Many of you know that we have been in the process of buying a home here in Florida :)

We finally signed the novel of paperwork and got these:
The keys to our brand new home :)  We are beyond excited.  We are in love with our new house:
Buying this house almost didn't happen.  We got the listing but the asking price was way out of our price range.  After seeing so many houses and coming up empty handed, our wonderful realtor asked if we would like to go and see it.  What could it hurt?  So, we went.  And I am so glad we did.

We instantly fell in love with the home.  It was immaculate.  Then I got discouraged seeing this beautiful home and knowing that we could not afford it.  Our realtor saw our excitement and encouraged us to put in an offer.  What was the worse that could happen~ they could say NO and we would continue our search.  Our lease would be up soon on our rental.  We agreed that if we needed to we would sign another year while we searched for our perfect dream home:)

We prayed on it and we knew that if this home was meant to be ours, it would be.  We made our offer and tried to patiently wait on their answer.  The time finally came, we got our answer and the answer was no.  I must confess, my heart sank when we found out that the owner could not accept our offer.  But then her counter offer came in and it was only a little bit more than our original offer.  We were excited :)  Best Friday the 13th ever :)

Now, the not so fun part~ moving all of our stuff out of the rental and into the new house.  We have taken out the seats in our van, loaded it up, drove over and unloaded :)  It has been an exhausting 2 weeks.  It probably makes since now, why my blog posts have been all over the place as far as time goes.  Some of my posts are up at my normal time while others haven't been up until 10pm because I lost track of time at the new house making a few minor repairs.

We have gotten all the little stuff out and now only have the furniture to go :)  If all goes according to plan, we should be able to rent a small Uhaul and haul the remaining stuff over this weekend~ how exciting :)

I would love to show you our new house and wish I had taken pictures of it before we moved all our stuff in.  Right now, there are boxes everywhere.  But I can show you a couple of my favorite things about our new house:

Dining Room Chandelier~ love it :)

Our nice big lanai

Our "jungle" backyard
My new washer and dryer
Yes, I am super excited about my new washer and dryer.  My inlaws have these and I love them.  The last time I went to Lowes, I priced them and was saving up for them.  That is until my van decided it needed some attention and all the money I had saved for the washer and dryer went to pay for the repairs :(  When we originally went over to look at the house, I noticed the owner was selling them at a ridiculous low price for both.  I offered to buy them, he told me that if we bought his house, he would leave them for us~ DONE :)  The family was so sweet and nice and I enjoyed chatting with them and getting to know them.

When we get settled and more organized, I will take more pictures and update everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment