Thursday, July 10, 2014

Our 4th of July Fun

How was your July 4th?

We had a nice 4th of July.  I had the whole day planned out :)  My plans were to have dinner, take the boys to the Splash Pad and then around 8pm, change their clothes and head on down to see the fireworks by the water.  That is how I envisioned the day to go :)

4th of July cookout's seem big around here.  Did you have a cook out for the 4th?  I asked the boys what they wanted for dinner.  Their choices were burgers on the grill or spaghetti & meatballs.  They chose spaghetti and meatballs.  I was way off on that one~ I thought for sure they would choose burgers, but I was wrong :)

I can't remember what happened for dinner to be so late.  By the time we got the boys ready to go, we had no time to go to the Splash Pad.  They were bummed but were excited to see fireworks.  I told the boys that we could go to the Splash Pad the next day.  Little did I know that a huge icky storm would hit and not allow us to go to the Splash Pad :(  Got to love this crazy Florida weather :)

The town of Cape Coral closed down the Cape Coral bridge.  They were going to shoot fireworks off the bridge- so cool :)

We finally got there- traffic wasn't too terribly bad.  After our "mile" walk to the bridge (it felt more like 5 miles), we found a place to sit and wait for it to get dark.
Little Michael's, I am so excited to see fireworks, face :)
The walk was too much for Nathan :)
I never thought I would be seeing fireworks so close to the water- the palm trees were a nice touch :)
 Finally the time came for the awesome fireworks show.  They said it was timed to music, but the timing was way off.  But that is ok, the fireworks were awesome.  Fireworks over the water were beautiful :)  Hubby wishes we had a boat now.

I like this one- it reminds me of a jellyfish :)



Little Michael was laying down and in awe of the fireworks :)
Michael and Nathan relaxing and watching the fireworks

We had a great time.  Now, the hike back to the van seemed so much longer since everyone was going in the same direction.  Traffic was horrible but what can you expect.  Everyone was trying to get home.  We didn't get home until 11pm and were greeted by our neighbors firework display.  If I had of known that that they had their own display, we may have stayed home and watched them in the comforts of our own front yard.

We were in awe at the fireworks that were shot in our neighborhood.  Way more than simple sparklers and the small stuff we could get in Virginia :)

Thanks to the storm that rolled through Saturday and Sunday, we were unable to go anywhere.  So, this was our Family Fun Adventure.  If the weather ever makes up its mind, what it is going to do, we can plan our next Family Fun Adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment