Thursday, July 3, 2014

Our Crazy, Fun and Busy Week......

I was going to post about our Fun Family Saturday Adventure and then I remembered we didn't have one :)  Since I was a volunteer with our church's Vacation Bible School last week, we decided that we would take the weekend and rest and try to recuperate :) (I am still recuperating~ LOL :)

My mom always volunteered with VBS and I always thought that it was because the church needed her to.  Both her and my dad volunteered quite a bit with whatever our church needed.  My dad started the wood ministry, which was a huge blessing at winter time.  They were well known through out the church.

I was never able to go to VBS due to the long drive, it was over an hour from our house to church.  People always thought we were crazy for driving that long distance instead of finding a church closer to our home.  Now, that I look back, I am so happy that we decided to make the drive to church and then have lunch with my parents after church every Sunday.  I am so blessed with the time we were able to spend with my mom before she passed away.

Anyhow, I am getting side tracked (me and my ADD :))  I never fully understood what VBS meant to my mom until this year.  I decided to be a crew leader this year with our church.  I had no clue what I was in for:)  We had 12 kids.
Crew 16 :)
I thought my 4 kept me busy- oh my.  Thank the Lord for my helper, David, who was a huge blessing and help with all the kids.  To step back and watch this rising high school senior interact with a bunch of wild and crazy kids was priceless:)  I was blessed to have David on my team~ I couldn't have done it without him:)

To be able to love on these kids, learn with these kids and have a blast, I finally get it.  I now understand why my mom was so passionate about VBS.  On the last day of VBS during clean up, I was chatting with one of the wonderful women who takes on organizing VBS, about my experience and I got teary eyed thinking of my mom.  But I know she would have been so proud :)

If you have Facebook and want to see pictures of our week of VBS and some of me and my crazy hat, you can check out Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 :)  I'm not sure why Day 5 hasn't made it up yet.  I was looking forward to Friday's weird and crazy day pictures.

If my week wasn't crazy enough, we had another inspection on the house we are buying.  We had a crazy 50+ page "novel" for our loan~ oh so much paperwork.  But God is good, everything is coming along nicely and smoothly.  If all keeps going in this direction, we should close on our new house in 21 days, not that we are counting or anything :)
Our new house- well it will be as soon as we close :)
I hope to fully "recuperate" soon and take my family on a Family Fun Saturday Adventure.  Can't wait to see where it is going to take us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment