Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January 2014 Goal Update

Let's see how we did with our January 2014 goals:

 1) To not eat out or at least to not pay out of pocket, with the exception of tips. If we want to treat the family to a meal out, we will make sure we have a gift card to cover all of us.
We did awesome with this goal :)

2) Pay off 2 credit cards
Still plugging away and getting closer with each month- yea!!

3) Not to use any of our credit cards for 2014. To pay cash for everything.
We did fantastic with this goal and paid cash or used our debit card for our bigger purchases.

4) To maintain our grocery budget. Our current grocery budget is $400 month for our family of 6. Our goal is to use up to that amount to feed our family healthy nourishing meals.  If we are lucky enough to come under our monthly budget, we will save that amount.
We did go over our January 2014 grocery budget by $83 but since we had purchased enough food for 40 freezer meals, it is running over into February.  We decided to combine January & February's grocery budget together.  Let's see how we do :)


5) To create a monthly meal plan for our family, to use leftovers more efficiently and to make use of everything in our pantry and freezer.  Try our hand at freezer cooking.
Did fabulous with goal.  Hubby and I tackled our first freezer cooking session and are loving it so far:)

6) Lose weight- I need to get motivated to lose this baby weight- my goal is to lose 10 lbs this year.
I started using T-Tapp.  I am loving it.  Very low impact so I won't aggravate previous injuries but very effective.  I lost 2 pounds and 2 inches off my waist doing T-Tapp without watching what I ate my first 14 days.  Am anxious to see how much I will lose in February:)

7) Morning devotions, prayer time and more bible reading
Finished my devotional book but have been praying more.  I need to get back into the swing of things with bible reading.

8) Monthly date night with hubby- whether we go out or stay at home, pop popcorn and rent a movie
Didn't do anything in January :(  


9) To spend quality family time together. With everyones schedule and us running all over creation, I would love to spend more quality time together- no tv- us playing games, talking, enjoying each others company.  I think we are going to claim Saturday's as family fun day:)
We did play games one Saturday- no tv and no gaming systems.  Everyone had a blast.  We need to make it more of a habit to do this on a regular habit:)

10) Not to use our dryer to save on electricity and lower our electricity bill
Doing great with this and haven't not used the dryer.  I am loving this weather.  I hang the clothes up on clothes racks and next day they are dry:)

11) To do 1 project a month and blog about it
January's project of the month was freezer cooking.  I researched, found a menu plan, went shopping and hubby and I tackled the job.  So far so good.  When I can remember to get the food in the crockpot- LOL:)

What goals do you have for 2014? I would love to hear them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment