Monday, December 10, 2012

Extreme Decluttering~ Day 1

While I have enjoyed the last 4 weeks of cleaning with Crystal, I feel like I need more.  I need a little push.  I can clean and reorganize my house and the 3 year old tornado comes through and I feel like all my cleaning and rearranging have gone down the drain. 

My family of 6 lives in a small house and we have way too much stuff.  I am tired of walking around, stepping over and constantly not being able to find the things I need.  I have had enough:)  I know, you can find previous blog posts about my decluttering attempts that have gone strong and have puttered out.  We are house hunting for a bigger house and I really don't want to declutter our new house right off the bat.  We are hoping to move after Christopher graduates high school, which is 6 short months ahead.  I need to get on the ball and get rocking and rolling:)  This may be the push I need.

I have been thinking about how I want my house to look and how I want to live.  The simple life is how I want to live.  I want to spend my extra time with my family not with all my stuff.  I want to snuggle with my little one while I have the time before he grows up and figures out that snuggling with mommy is not cool:)  I want to be organized and to be able to find the things I need without making a bigger mess digging around trying to find what I was looking for in the first place.  I do believe that a more simple life will save my sanity:)  Plus the less clutter I have, the less I will HAVE to do.  I do believe that simplicity will save my sanity:)  We shall see:)

Who is with me?  Who is ready for a hard core decluttering journey with me?  I want to see what I can get done before Christmas gets here.  I know that I will not be able to do the whole house before Christmas.  If I can get done at least 2 rooms, I will be a happy camper.

For anyone that reads my blog on a regular basis knows that Monday's are our shopping day. So, our first day is going to be a light one.  This is the day we figure out what we want to do.

Today's assignment is to:

1) Make a list of this weeks goals you hope to accomplish this week

2) Grab a sheet of paper and make a list of all the rooms you NEED to declutter.  Now walk through each room and write down specifically each thing you need to tackle in each room to get that room clutter free and organized.

3) Clean out your purse and/or wallet

Come back this evening and see how we did with today's assignment.  Plus come back and let me how you did with today's assignment:)  Have a great day~ see you this evening:)

No comments:

Post a Comment